PSG College of Technology is an autonomous, government aided, private engineering college in Coimbatore, India. It is affiliated with Anna University. It is affiliated to PSG & Sons Charities Trust. PSG Industrial institute was established in 1926 by PSG and Sons Charities in Peelamedu, Coimbatore. The engineering college was started in the institute campus in 1951 by G. R. Damodaran, who became its first principal. The college was conferred autonomous status by University of Madras in 1978, which was continued by the Bharathiar University and subsequently by Anna University since 2001.
About 48 full-time and part-time programs in science, engineering and management at undergraduate and postgraduate levels by the 11 engineering and technology, computer applications, management sciences, basic sciences and humanities departments. The institute offers three 5-year integrated sandwich engineering courses which combines class room coaching with industrial training, one of the few in the country to offer such a course. Among the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered by the college, many are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation of the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). Being autonomous, the college frames its own curricula, updates syllabus, introduces new courses and is empowered to administer its own evaluation system. Since 1960, PSG College of Technology has been publishing the “PSG Design Data Book”, the engineering Data hand book, used throughout the country by engineers and students.